This wedding styled shoot was a dream to shoot at Tucson's ever-loved wedding venue, Arizona Inn. Our goal was to nail a look and pallet that strayed from the neutral typical desert tones and REALLY put COLOR on display! We had promised wedding blogs SWOONED and AISLE SOCIETY that we would hold off on releasing this highlight reel until they featured the shoot! (shout out to the publishers for being so gracious and complimentary. they also provide some near wedding inspiration in case you need some help!)
So here is one of the most amazing pallets of color, textures, gown and southwestern uniqueness that we have ever shot in Tucson! Here are a few key wedding planning notes to pocket if you adore class, color and a fresh spin on a desert wedding...
5 WAYS TO BRING IN CLASS, COLOR AND LIFE TO YOUR ARIZONA WEDDING...
(1) YOUR PLANNER SHOULD BE A MAGICIAN. Or something close.... With the coordinating prowess of Meagan with Meagan Crain Event Planning, we found ourselves navigating details and elements that were delicious. Meagan orchestrated the entire vibe of the shoot and pulled together a team of wonder-people. She particularly was keen on bringing elements that offered nods to southwest culture (i.e. cigars and tequila toasts instead of traditional champagne and flute glasses). RECAP NOTE: If style and vision for aesthetic are important to you...hire a planner who has a vision and the tenacity to pull the necessary strings and make things happen!
(2) PLANTS. COLORS. COPPER. OH MY. When Jara of Urban Stems showed up with a TRUCK LOAD of punchy pink floral with bougainvillea, peonies, ranunculus, garden roses and pops of delicate air plants accented with copper touches (i.e. Arizona's state metal) we stopped in our tracks and jaws gaped open! Brie Dumais Designs nailed these original wood invitations and water color design accents that brought a super fresh but textile element. In case you are looking for a graphic and paper designer for your wedding invitations, programs, signage, LIFE in general, Brie is the SHIZ. RECAP NOTE: Think outside of the box and pay attention to the native plant life as well as the colors and textures of the venue.
(3) BE PAMPERED. BE BOLD. BE TAKEN CARE OF AND WHERE IT WELL... MUAH team at Heather Van Houten along with the incredible gown ( ***drool***) by Tucson's stellar bridal gown shop J Bridal created this understated-yet-drool-worthy bridal look. Red lips plus a stark white hourglass gown with intricate lace and framed with poppy peonies...
(4) SET A STAGE AND PICK AN ACCENT. Setting the stage for a dinner party is one thing. Doing so with cohesive elements that compliment the setting and the vibe and care for details is another. Meagan chose cobalt blue to be the accent that freckled our punchy pinks and native sage colors. Frostings & Ultrapom were both wonderful companies who hooked us up with design elements for staging! They provide rental elements like furniture and seating to further execute a "look" that is refined and swoon-worthy. Sweet Creations laced a classic white tiered cake with gold flecks and eucalyptus details!
(5) LOVE EACH OTHER WITH ALL THAT IS IN YOU. Granted this was a styled shoot, but our models were married in real life and it made the ebb and flow of this whole styled shoot incredible. Dudes, be strong. Girls, stand tall and breath with poise. Love and be loved. Look, laugh, pause...and love some more. All of it. Be as free as the burst of light from behind the alter below and the dancing petals thrown by people who love you. LEAN INTO your wedding day with as much eager joy as you can muster....and then let others help you muster even more. :)
Does this inspire you? Share and leave some love below? Compliment the vendors noted below for the work and art they produce...they are worthy of applause! :) | LKM
// VENDOR LIST //
Flowers: Urban Stems // Hair & Makeup: Heather Van Houten // Wedding Gown: J.Bridal Boutique (designer Wtoo) // Bridesmaid Gown: BHLDN // Suits: Brooks Brothers // Paper Products / Invites: Brie Dumais Designs // Cake: Sweet Creations // Planning & Design: Meagan Crain Event Planning & Design // Furniture: Frostings Event Design & Rentals // Misc. Rentals: Ultrapom